The National Committee for the Intangible Cultural Heritage adopts and prepares a strategy for the safeguarding of the intangible cultural heritage of the Republic of Serbia, participates in harmonizing national legislation aiming at inclusion of the intangible cultural heritage and adopts proposals for inscription in the National Registry of the Intangible Cultural Heritage.
It is also the task of the National Committee to monitor the implementation of the UNESCO Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage and to prepare an annual report on the implementation of the Convention for the UNESCO Committee for Intangible Heritage. The Committee is also tasked with monitoring of preparation and implementation of projects, surveys, and studies in the field of the protection of the intangible cultural heritage.
- President: Danijel Sinani, Ph.D. Professor, anthropologist, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Philosophy, Department of Ethnology and Anthropology,
- Danka Lajić-Mihajlović, Ph.D, ethnomusicologist, Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Musicology of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (SASA),
- Aleksandar Milanović, Ph.D. Associate Professor, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Philology,
- Ljiljana Gavrilović, Ph.D, ethnologist-anthropologist, Principal Research Fellow, Institute of Ethnography of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (SASA),
- Biljana Đorđević, Ph.D, archaeologist, Museum Advisor, National Museum in Belgrade,
- Vladimir Radovanović, art historian and theologian, Director of the Museum of the Serbian Orthodox Church,
- Mila Karas, MA, biologist, Museum Advisor in retirement,
- Olivera Ignjatović, Advisor, the Sector for Cultural Heritage, the Ministry of Culture and Information, Republic of Serbia,
- Danijela Filipović, ethnologist, Curator, Head of the Center for Intangible Cultural Heritage of Serbia at the Ethnographic Museum in Belgrade,
Secretary: Nеvеnkа Мihајlоvić, Advisor, the Sector for Cultural Heritage, the Ministry of Culture and Information, Republic of Serbia.
National Committee for the Intangible Cultural Heritage
Ministry of Culture and Information
Republic of Serbia