By adopting the Law on ratifying the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in May 2010, Republic of Serbia have started the implementation of this UNESCO Convention. On of the first goals was to establish a network of expert bodies and institutions for safeguarding the intangible cultural heritage. As part of this network, Commission for the inscription of elements of Intangible Cultural Heritage was found (May 2011) with the main task to valorize the proposals for the inscription in the National Registry of the Intangible Cultural Heritage and forwards them to the National Committee for the Intangible Cultural Heritage for adoption.
Commission for inscription in the Registry of the Intangible Cultural Heritage, operated from March 2011 till November 2013 in Ministry of Culture and Information of the Republic of Serbia. Since 2014, this Commission is working in the Ethnographic Museum in Belgrade in the following composition:
- Biljana Sikimić, Ph.D, ethnolinguist, Principal Research Fellow, Institute for Balkan Studies of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (SASA),
- Biljana Đorđević, Ph.D, archaeologist, Museum Advisor, National Museum in Belgrade,
- Danka Lajić-Mihajlović, Ph.D, ethnomusicologist, Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Musicology of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (SASA),
- Dušica Živković, ethnologist, Museum Advisor, Ethnographic Museum in Belgrade,
- Miloš Matić, Ph.D, ethnologist-anthropologist, Museum Advisor, Ethnographic Museum in Belgrade,
- Marko Stojanović, Ph.D, ethnologist-anthropologist, Museum Advisor, Ethnographic Museum in Belgrade.